I turned the box upside down and started spraying. I was glad I grabbed quick drying paint because it took several coats to cover the box without the red stripes showing through. After about 3 coats I was happy with the coverage.
I let the paint set overnight and the next day I got busy creating the face. All I used was a few googly eyes, some felt and ribbon. I started by cutting the eyes and mouth from the black felt and tying a small bow with the ribbon. Then I glued the pieces together to create the face and that’s it!
Now, I just couldn’t stop there because I LOVE popcorn and creating popcorn treats so I came up with a quick snack mix that I call “Boo Bites.”
Here is what you need:
2 microwave bags, or 1/2 cup kernels – popcorn
1 1/2 Cup – pretzel pieces
12 oz – white candy melts
12 oz – Reese’s Pieces (or Halloween colored M&M’s, any variety)
How to make your Boo Bites:
1. Pop the popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels.
2. Add pretzel pieces and candy to the popcorn and toss to mix.
3. Melt the white candy melts according to package directions.
4. Drizzle the melted candy over the popcorn mixture a little at a time using a spatula to mix and evenly coat the pieces.
5. Pour popcorn mixture onto wax lined cookie sheets and sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles before the candy sets.
6. Allow to cool and then break apart into pieces and store in ziplocs or other airtight containers. Or if you are impatient like me, pop the pans in the fridge for a bit to speed up the hardening process 🙂
Want to win some fabulous prizes to get your own craft on? Enter here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t forget to head over to check out all of these other amazing ideas for some Halloween treats and fun!