Read and Respond to your Favorite Picture Books!
Do you love reading picture books to your class and need follow up activities? Try this Fall: Read and Respond Pack It is the perfect way to strengthen comprehension and writing skills along with some fun craftivities to keep your kids engaged! Download the preview for the complete table of contents to see which activities/skills are included with each book.
• Activities for 5 Picture Books: Leaves Fall Down by Lisa Bullard, Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro, Why Do Leaves Change Color? by Betsy Maestro, and Colorful Leaves by Maria Fleming.
• Comprehension skills practiced include: activating schema, asking and answering questions, learning new vocabulary, sequencing a story, finding the main idea, and inferring meaning.
• 5 writing activities (1 for each story) including poetry, opinion, narrative and informative writing.
• All comprehension and writing activities have 3 leveled options for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade or to differentiate for student needs.
• Common Core aligned with the standard listed on each page for easy reference
• 2 craftivities with printable patterns