Complete Nonfiction Science Life Cycle Unit for the Primary Classroom!
Are you looking for a way to engage students in science topics while practicing essential ELA skills?
Try this Let’s Learn About: Chicks Unit! This complete nonfiction science and ELA unit includes everything you need for 15-20 days of classroom instruction. Students will investigate the life cycle of a chicken through books, technology, hands on investigations, research and more all while practicing comprehension skills such as activating schema, asking questions, researching to learn more, identifying main idea/details, and learning new vocabulary.
• Suggested Pacing Guide with detailed plans for 15-20 days of instruction.
• Beautiful real life photograph teaching posters to capture students’ interest.
• Student readers at 3 levels for differentiation.
• Vocabulary Cards with real life photographs and simple definitions.
• Student Vocabulary Books.
• Essential Questions, Book List, Tech Tips, and QR Code links to videos and web resources.
• Anchor Chart Pieces with student response pages.
• Craftivity to practice labeling chicken parts.
• Graphic Organizers to record thinking.
• Student practice nonfiction writing with the “All About Chickens” book including text features (labels, diagrams, webs, captions, table of contents, glossary).
• Hands On activities and experiments.
• Group Research Project with organizers, planning pages, a reflection option, and teacher rubric.
Read and Respond: Valentine’s Day
Read & Respond: St. Patrick’s Day
Read and Respond: Easter
Read and Respond: Earth Day
Read and Respond: Mother’s Day
Read and Respond: Memorial Day
Read and Respond: Father’s Day